Recruitment & Termination Policy
Selection, pre-start and vetting, induction, probation, development, performance and Termination Procedure
Document reference QT3P2
Scope: This procedure aims to ensure that only appropriate staff and associates are selected by Betterweld Group Ltd, that people receive thorough vetting and a comprehensive induction. Staff receive a probationary review and are actively encouraged and required to participate in development activities to realise their full potential. Associates are expected to respond to any identified contractual (compliance) improvements. The procedure is also designed to cover performance management and to ensure HR details remain up-to-date, including termination details.
The Selection, Pre-Start and Vetting, Induction, Probation, Development and Performance Management and Termination Flowchart.
Tracking and Audits: All new staff and associates are added to the HR_All_Tracking (QT3P2WR1) Excel spreadsheet (and relevant information kept up-to-date on the spreadsheet), using information taken from the completed work records mentioned in this procedure.
The spreadsheet is used to track selection, vetting, induction, probation and key compliance requirements. The spreadsheet is also used to record when employment contracts are terminated. During audits the file is used to check that activities have taken place as expected in the work instructions within this procedure.
- Selection: Follow Applicant Selection Work Instruction (QT3P2WI1) to identify suitable applicant(s) for role.
1.2 Pre-Start and Vetting: Follow Pre-Start and Vetting Work Instruction (QT3P2WI2) to ensure all necessary checks are conducted, a Contract of Employment (Staff) or Agreement (Associate) is issued and signed, and new starter set up on MyHRToolkit.
- Induction: An induction programme needs to be completed by all new staff. Induction Work Instruction (QT3P2WI3) should be followed.
- Probation: Follow Probation Policy and Procedure in conjunction with Selection, Pre-Start and Vetting, Induction, Probation, Development and Performance Management and Termination Flowchart.
- Staff Development and Performance Management Policy in conjunction with Development (Staff), Reviews, CPD Recording and Building Capability Work Instruction: All staff and associates must have targets and are required to take part in continuous professional development activities, and to update their CPD records regularly to achieve their full potential and for compliance purposes. Development (Staff), Reviews, CPD Recording and Building Capability Work Instruction (QT3P2WI4) explains how this is done, and Selection, Pre-Start and Vetting, Induction, Probation, Development and Performance Management and Termination Flowchart includes details on handling any questions or concerns, including any performance concerns.
- Termination: Staff and Associate Termination Work Instruction (QT3P2WI6) explains what needs to be done when an employee leaves the company.